8.7.11

Swift and Piercing Terrible

I wrote and recorded this song several months ago, but I've been feeling this way a lot again lately, so I figured I'd put it up here for your perusal.

Swift and Piercing Terrible


Could this be your hand?
Swift and piercing terrible
Cause it would break me

Remember when I said,
"Do everything that you want to do"
Well, I thought I meant it

Staring into the dark for the longest time
Longing to turn my head for the longest time

Would you choose this face?
Could I find you even here?
And would you expect me to?

I don't know what you're doing
I don't know what I'm saying
But I fear that I would fight you
Try to feebly stand against you

I could never hold you off
But I fear that you might just let me
Do not let me

2 comments:

Timothy said...

Wow, love Mom. You are in my prayers as is Rachel.

Uttz Family said...

Appreciate your openess. Praying...wish I could express myself this way sometimes. Love you, Mariah